What Happens Next?
Our Outline Planning Application was approved by the Development Control Committee at Milton Keynes Council in November 2016. This is an important milestone for the project and reflects the extensive work undertaken to create a positive and comprehensive set of redevelopment plans for the site.
Subject to the signing of a Section 106 agreement, we hope that planning permission will be issued by the Council in 2017.
This website will continue to be updated as the project progresses. If you are interested in receiving updates on the plans, or have any questions about the redevelopment, you can contact the team via one of the options shown below.
- September 2016: New Lidl foodstore granted permission by the Development Control Committee
- November 2016: Outline application for the redevelopment of the whole site approved by the Development Control Committee, subject to the signing of a Section 106 agreement
- 2017-onwards: Redevelopment of site to deliver the new Lidl foodstore, new premisess for Knorr – Bremse, small business space, new homes and the community/heritage centre
Key benefits of the proposals
- Outline application for the redevelopment of the site approved by the Development Control Committee, subject to the signing of a Section 106 agreement
- Keeping hundreds of rail- related jobs on site – ensuring the continuation of the site’s railway heritage
- Opportunities for new jobs – including construction and beyond: rail related, food store and start up businesses
- A better choice of new homes in a unique heritage setting
- New green and open spaces for the community
- Heritage education within a new community space and heritage features across the site
- More choice for shopping – greater product lines and competitive prices
You can contact the project team via one of the following options:
Phone: 0344 225 0003
Post: Freepost RTHZ-AKZT-SABG, GL Hearn, 280 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7EE